Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
James Sherman
Senior MemberPosts: 2,338Gear list
Like?
Sony selling snake oil (lenses) for A7r
11 months ago

I just spoke with a Sony representative. He rather haughtily informed me that Sony doesn't support OSS on any lens not sold as an FE lenswhen used with an A7r. When I pointed out that nearly every lens referenced from the A7r "compatibility" page has a description which includes OSS (checked 10 minutes ago - no disclaimer), he said that was just a "minor web detail". I think it's fraud, since they are well aware that it's wrong but aren't interested in changing it.

So, folks, don't expect your lenses to work properly on an A7r and don't expect support from Sony. Or truth in advertising, either. I'm seriously considering sending the A7r back, since there is no telephoto lens available (that works off a tripod). The 55-210 is so slow that to get sharp shots I'd have to use high ISO all the time, hand held. I'm handicapped and not physically very stable, so YMMV. I need the OSS. For what it's worth, I believe OSS does work on my 10-18 (of course I don't need it there). YMMV, again.

James Sherman's gear list:James Sherman's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8
Sony Alpha 7R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
duhNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow