Irrational views on SLT part duex

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Shield3
Senior MemberPosts: 2,440Gear list
Like?
Re: Better test
In reply to MediaArchivist, 8 months ago

MediaArchivist wrote:

Take the ISO 6400 shot first, note the metering values (f/stop and shutter speed). Now do another shot at ISO 100, with the same speed and f/stop (this shot will be very dark).

Now, pump the exposure of the second shot up in your favorite PP software. The two resulting images should be very close if you are using an "ISO-less" sensor.

-- hide signature --

Want a roXplosion!?

But if I have to "pump up the exposure" then it wasn't a properly exposed shot.  I'm comparing 2 shots done with the same camera, same focal length, same F/stop, one right after the other.  Only alternating shutter speeds, and both shots have plenty of shutter to freeze action especially at such a short focal length and F/8.

The camera's metering was pegged in the middle for both shots - i.e. "properly" exposed.  Why does the ISO 6400 shot look so much worse if Troj/Nord are correct?

Shield3's gear list:Shield3's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow