Questions about assigning buttons

Started Jan 22, 2014 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
GreenMountainGirl Contributing Member • Posts: 677
Questions about assigning buttons

My camera is a D7000, and I do not really understand the different ways (and reasons) to assign buttons.  Especially interested in what I have heard called "back button focusing".

Here is how the assignable buttons are set now:

Fn assigned to "viewfinder virtual horizon" because I tend to tip the camera sideways!

Preview is still Preview.  But I don't use it because I cannot see anything except a slight screen darkening.

AE-L/AF-L assigned to AE/AF Lock.  This one I am not sure what I am supposed to do and why.

Help would be appreciated. The camera manual tells you what you can do, but does not explain.  For some reason I have been putting off figuring out this part of my camera functions.  Guess during this spell of extreme cold, it would be a good time to go through the manual again and see what else I have been avoiding!

Thank you.

Susan

-- hide signature --

GreenMountainGirl

GreenMountainGirl's gear list:GreenMountainGirl's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Sigma 150mm F2.8 EX DG Macro HSM Canon Pixma MX870 +2 more
Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow