Impact of the X system on the marketplace?

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
rookie94
Regular MemberPosts: 179Gear list
Like?
Impact of the X system on the marketplace?
11 months ago

Is there any objective evidence on the impact of the X system in the marketplace?
Recent market forecasts spoke to the enduring value of the high end market while also noting the difficulties for the low-end market. Although the reports spoke to the DSLR market, I'd also think the same bullish forecasts would apply to Fuji and the X system. I believe that another forecast spoke to projected, continued dominance of the big 3 (C, N, S) while expressing warnings for the other players as not being sustainable.

With that disclaimer aside, are there any reports that document the role of the X system in the marketplace? Sizing up future purchasing opportunities, I am trying to reconcile technological prowess and the enthusiast fervor with marketplace traction.  The audience can see my gear list but for me, the X system is very intriguing and has been a subject of ongoing curiosity. 
Thanks.

rookie94's gear list:rookie94's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM +1 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
ZeroNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow