What a bias A7/r review using third party lens!

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
nspur
Senior MemberPosts: 1,027Gear list
Like?
Re: What a bias A7/r review using third party lens!
In reply to mdavidp, 7 months ago

mdavidp wrote:

The review was informative and thoughtful. It certainly did not put me off of the the A7/A7r.

MP

Yes, but I think Barney was being a little disingenuous. I'm sure he can hold a SLR steady at 1/30 and probably doesn't use auto-ISO very often but the population of DPR have a tendency not to be able to do the first and almost always do the second. The Vivitar 17 mm does what it should; I have an 18 mm for Canon FD that does exactly the same. His Hexanon 1.2 is soft wide open and may even have a bit of dust in it but what a lovely portrait! Personally I find focus peaking close to unusable and can get by with magnification but I wish it was 3 x like the Fuji X series. Currently my A7 has an Osawa 38-70 mm f3,5 for the Mamiya E mount on it (hands up all of you doing the same thing) and it's easily usable in aperture-priority mode using a specific ISO so I have to conclude that Barney was being helpful to the audience.

-- hide signature --

Nick Spurrier

nspur's gear list:nspur's gear list
Fujifilm X20 Pentax K-30 Fujifilm X-M1 Fujifilm X-E2 Sony Alpha 7
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
HmmmNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow