Paper Handling - Paper Weight.

Started 9 months ago | Questions thread
Combat By Design
Regular MemberPosts: 211Gear list
Like?
Re: Paper Handling - Paper Weight.
In reply to Hugowolf, 9 months ago

Hugowolf wrote:

No where do you state which printer you are talking about, so at a guess I am going for the Canon Pro 100, for which Canon which states a maximum of 93 lbs.

I posted this from the Review page... which should have posted there ON the review page... but I guess it didn't....

Pound basis weight depends on the type of stock, which is something Canon doesn’t seem to understand, but it is why most manufactures give the paper weights in grams per square metre. For example 100 lb bond is 380 g/m², 100 lb cover stock is 270 g/m², and 100 lb offset is only 150 g/m². Bristol falls under the cover stock category.

Thanks for the Info.

The specs for the Pro 100 are no more than 350 g/m² and 0.6 mm thick. So your 270 g/m² should be just fine.

Yeah, 300 Bristol is DEFINITELY less than .6 thick

Some paper without the inkjet receptive layer works quite well, but I have never had any luck with pigment inks on uncoated Bristol. Maybe dye based inks will work better.

the Bristol went through my HP 7500A, and looked great, and that's got a hybrid pigment (black) dye setup.

Even for an American, g/m² is easier to use and understand than pound basis weights.

Brian A

Thanks for the input.
-K

Combat By Design's gear list:Combat By Design's gear list
Canon EOS 650D Tamron SP AF 200-500mm F/5-6.3 Di LD (IF) Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Canon Pixma Pro-100 +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow