ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
charley5
Senior MemberPosts: 1,001
Like?
Muted prints... Is it my RGB profile?
11 months ago

Hi Everyone:

I was noticing that my prints were somewhat muted compared to the lab prints which I found more saturated and snappy looking. I had already configured my monitor using ColorMunki, so I couldn't figure out why my prints looked so bland. I then realized that my source profile was sRGB611966-2.1, instead of Adobe 1968. The former shows a much more muted appearance on the monitor while the latter shows a very saturated appearance. Should I be using Adobe 1968? It looks super saturated on my monitor. Perhaps too saturated.

Someone on the printer forum suggested that to get the "largest gamut your camera should be set to raw capture, processed in your convertor of choice, and then kept in the largest space like ProPhotoRGB or aRGB." I am at work now so can't check the SPP color profile, but I assume it is sRGB. What profile are people using on Photoshop?

On the other hand, the muted colors may have nothing to do with my RGB profile. Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

-Charles

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow