Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Spad16
Contributing MemberPosts: 877Gear list
Like?
6D, Birding started early this year
9 months ago

We got invaded by Redpolls, so I had to go and sit in the car with a cup of coffee and the camera this weekend. The reason for the invasion is that it suddenly went cold, and they all fled down here from the North, they’ve had -40 up there. We finally got better weather too here in Southern Sweden, -2 to -10 , fairly sunny and we have a decent cover of snow, about 4cm.

Marsh tit

Redpoll or possibly Arctic Redpoll, I'm not good enough to be sure. Any suggestions are welcome.

Redpoll

Redpoll

Yellowhammer

Common Treecreeper    (this one is a swine to get a decent picture of,  they’re always in the shadows, I never got one with my old 40D)

All photos with 6D, Ef400/5.6, Tamron 1.4 extender and 35mm extension tubes. I used autofocus, which works slowly and perhaps not as accurate as it should be, but it's quicker than manual focus and I was more interested in getting the shots. I'm getting an LCDVF , so next time I'll try it with that and manual focus. It's always poor light here in January, so ISO ranges from 1250 when the sun came out, to 12800 for the treecreeper.

Hope you like them

/Neil

Spad16's gear list:Spad16's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM Canon EF 24-70mm f/4L IS USM
Canon EOS 40D Canon EOS 6D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow