Shutter Shock - Size DOES Matter!

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
dickg1
Regular MemberPosts: 207Gear list
Like?
Re: A little confused
In reply to Ontario Gone, 6 months ago

OK - let me clarify.  The point I was trying to make was that compared to lighter bodies, the mass of the GH3 with a grip apparently counteracted the shutter shock phenomenon I had experienced with both the G5 & G6 - UNDER the SAME CIRCUMSTANCES which was on a tripod.  Hand holding technique had nothing to do with it.  I purposely didn't test hand holding because of the additional variables that would have introduced.

My comment relative to the GH3 without the grip was, perhaps unclear.  What I experienced was a very slightly greater difference between the mechanical and electronic images compared to the GH3 with the grip attached. The difference in sharpness with or without the grip was not great enough to alter any shooting decisions regarding using the grip or not

dickg1

dickg1's gear list:dickg1's gear list
RX100 III Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow