What a bias A7/r review using third party lens!

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Tone Row
Regular MemberPosts: 334Gear list
Like?
Re: What a bias A7/r review using third party lens!
In reply to darkdirtydwarf, 8 months ago

darkdirtydwarf wrote:

SonyA7r wrote:

Why would the reviewer used cheap Vivitar lens? DP doesn't even review this lens. This review is a blatant bashing of Sony which is against the forum rules!

http://www.dpreview.com/articles/6018399843/using-third-party-lenses-on-the-sony-a7-a7r

I think this review is rather fair in exposing the limitations of the focus peaking system, and it ends with "if you're mainly just having fun, like me, then there's a lot of pleasure to be had in attaching weird and wonderful lenses to these cameras". It's not bashing the camera.

It's fair if all that is available is low-end old lenses without modern coatings. It's not fair, however, to use low-end old lenses without modern coatings to point out issues with focus peaking that are only caused by using low-end old lenses without modern coatings.

See where I'm going here?

Had he used good quality high-contrast sharp lenses he wouldn't have had "issues" with focus peaking. So I'm leaning toward biased on this one though it may not have been entirely intentional. It would have been more balanced if he had at least used one modern MF lens.

Tone Row's gear list:Tone Row's gear list
Sony SLT-A55 NEX5R
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
HmmmNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow