Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
zakaria
Senior MemberPosts: 1,596Gear list
Like?
@brecklundin
In reply to brecklundin, 8 months ago

brecklundin wrote:

zakaria wrote:

Thanks to all here for the valuable and kind comments.
considering the WB..

I noticed that k3 AWB gives warm colors..and when I tried to adjust the photo to tungstine wb it appears to produce a purple color.

And considering the sharpness.. yes it was my maistake .I was @ M mode and turned to TAV. I forgot to change the aperture .

Nice shot for sure. I find when shooting the 43ltd wide open handheld it helps to use high speed "burst mode" that typically gives you a series of shots where at least one is bound to have the DOF in the correct location/position. If not you can always stack them in layers and mask-in/mask-out (depending on your philosophical bent) the sharp areas from your series.

Also if you have PS CS CC there is a new "shake-reduction" feature i recently read about. Have not used it yet but it's interesting to know we might be able to remove a bit of shake blur.

All in all I like your shot, and I am NOT a fan of kid shots because most are just flat looking snap-shots...but yours is a real portrait shot and I find shots like this far more interesting if for no other reason you shot with a good result in mind.

There is another terminally flash-burned kid with curly red hair who we've gotten to watch grow up, here and over at PF, in photos taken with idea of getting good pictures which makes it actually FUN to see. And "The Kid" is gonna have a great album of his younger years for sure. Looks like you are on the same track, keep it going you're off to a nice start.

BTW, I do not consider areas outside the DOF as making a "soft" photo because there are parts in focus. I consider it "character" which for portraits can add more interest. Sharp across the frame is fine but it can also be boring and completely uninteresting. Controlling DOF and using it as a tool is what helps most.

Thanks so much brecklundin. your kind reply is very valuble to me.

-- hide signature --

pentaxian .

zakaria's gear list:zakaria's gear list
Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax K-3 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow