Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
gskolenda
Contributing MemberPosts: 687Gear list
Like?
Prints from XTrans Sensor
7 months ago

Well I currently have a Panasonic GH3 and two lens's. 12-35mm f2.8 and a 45mm f2.8 Macro

Both very nice lens's and really love the GH3, especially for video, it's really good. However, I have always been a fan of Fuji film and the company as a whole. I'm really growing fond of the images I'm seeing from the XTrans II Sensor. So I'm thinking about adding the XE2 and a couple of lens's to compliment my GH3 kit.

But for me my focus and the final output for Photography is prints. Most of my prints are above 16x20, with the GH3 I'm not pleased with the prints above 16x20, I believe it's a real push. I know that some prints can print better than others, due to settings, subject, and lens.

So i would like to here from anyone who has experience or has seen a number of prints that were printed at 20x24, 24x30, 24x36, from a XTrans II sensor. I'm also going to print a high quality book.

I have printed a number of larger then 16x20, very nice prints from my older Canon 7D, which is a APS-C sensor, so I was thinking that the Fuji being an APS-C sensor, might match or be better than that with out having to carry a big heavy system. There is no doubt in my mind about Fuji's quality of Glass and the great selection they are providing, I think they are giving old Leica a real run for there money! Please No Leica blasts!

I live in a beach town and the retail is really poor here so I can't really stick a card in one and fire away and get some prints made. I may have to rent one, or I know, Just byte the bullet and buy one. I don't really like Sony's higher MPS cameras, or there glass. I thought about the Nikon D800, but pretty pricey. So any help would be great.

Thanks,

Leon

gskolenda's gear list:gskolenda's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8
Canon EOS 7D Fujifilm X-E2 Nikon D800 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow