Started 3 months ago | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Cmenzies81
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Love the Zoom. Durable.
3 months ago

I love that this is a relatively compact camera that extends to a massive zoom.  I don't mind carrying it with me wherever and I can still catch a distant bird on it's perch a hundred times better than with my previous compact cameras.  I really like that it has a button that zooms out while I find the subject and then by letting go, it immediately returns to full zoom.

I've dropped this camera a couple of times and it dented the metal on the lens, but it still functions perfectly.  I've used it in slight drizzle and falling snow with no problems at all.

My photos have definitely improved a lot with this camera.  That may be why I now really want to find something with better image quality - my only answer may be an SLR, but I'd hate to lose the power and compactness that this camera and lens provides.  The images are great at regular computer monitor size, but I would really love to be able to get better detail if I blow up and/or crop the image - this can be disappointing.

I use the auto mode mostly since I'm kind of lazy and it's so quick, but it always blows out the highlights and lightens lower light images into flatness - is there a digital camera that doesn't do this without spending lots of money I don't have?  I also find the noise in low light annoying, but it's way better than my last camera.  Lag time can be slow when trying to shoot animals.

This camera has really given me some good shots and made me want to take it to the next level - maybe instead of bridge they should call it a bait camera since you'll soon want to be blowing more dough on the next upgrade.

Cmenzies81's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
good
Action / sports
okay
Landscapes / scenery
good
Portraits
unrated
Low light (without flash)
good
Flash photography (social)
good
Studio / still life
unrated
= community average
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow