Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Joachim Gerstl
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,293Gear list
Like?
Re: Shutter Shock - Size DOES Matter!
In reply to Ontario Gone, 6 months ago

Ontario Gone wrote:

dickg1 wrote:

The difference in sharpness between the mechanical and electronic shutter images when viewed side by side at 100% magnification was substantial, particularly at the longer focal lengths. Undeterred, I then resigned myself to taking most of my pictures with the electronic shutter set as the default.

Aaaaaaaaaaaand this is exactly why i have chosen Panasonic over the competition. I have said the same thing in my own head, E shutter will be my default and i will only stray when using it in fluorescent light, with flash, or during action. I don't use flash much, i don't shoot much action, which leaves only fluorescent light as the exception to my shooting. Huge bonus to have this feature and i will thoroughly enjoy making my shutter life last much longer. I guesstimate to make my 100k shots into about 400k, perhaps more.

-- hide signature --

"Run to the light, Carol Anne. Run as fast as you can!"

By the time you put 400.000 images on your camera we will be most likely in the year 2040. Do you really think you will be still using the same digital camera then?

-- hide signature --
 Joachim Gerstl's gear list:Joachim Gerstl's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Ricoh GR Sony Alpha NEX-5 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Canon EOS 6D +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow