Started 8 months ago | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
David5711
New MemberPosts: 2Gear list
Like?
Tamron 150-600
8 months ago

I had the Tamron 200-500 and did not really like it. Intermittent focus and slow. I could not capture eagles flying and fishing. Even "easy" shots were 50/50 if they would turn out. It was very soft and focus seemed off. Could not really blow anything up.I was able to return it after about 6 months.

I could not resist the temptation of the 150-600 even though it went against my better judgement. I was disappointed. Again I tried to capture eagles fishing and in flight. It just can't do it. There was a problem with the vibration compensation making noise and making the camera actually jump a little. After 2 days of shooting both moving and sitting birds I took it back.

At the price it is very tempting, there isn't much in a realistic price range except Tamron and Sigma. I am unwilling to compromise in quality. 10% useable shots is not good enough. I have a Canon 100-400 and I am going to stick with that for now.

David5711's gear list:David5711's gear list
Tamron SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD
David5711's score
Average community score
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow