Suprising Pocket Superzoom

Started 6 months ago | User reviews thread
racollins
Regular MemberPosts: 196Gear list
Like?
Re: Suprising Pocket Superzoom
In reply to AdamT, 6 months ago

I had a 520 HS for about a month but sold it quickly. While the lens was quite sharp and the colors were captured very nicely, the amount of noise in images from ISO 100 up was not acceptable at all. 8x10 prints were very disappointing and showed enough noise to detract from the overall quality of the print. The SX260 and SX280 on the other hand both produce prints at the same size and larger that don't show the same level of noise until the ISO climbs significantly. At least this has been my experience with these cameras and others may have a different experience, as you obviously have. I loved how compact the camera was while still packing such a great zoom range, but in the end the noise was a deal-breaker for me. Interestingly, I was initially concerned that the Elph 330 HS would perform similarly to the 520 but the opposite has turned out to be the case. It produces outstanding images! All the same, thanks for taking the time to give a pretty detailed review and your impressions of the camera. Mine may have been a less than satisfactory example (hence the $69 clearance price in 2012!), but I've read similar thoughts regarding the 520 on other sites. Post some pics if you can.

Andy

racollins's gear list:racollins's gear list
Canon PowerShot G11 Canon PowerShot ELPH 330 HS Canon PowerShot G16 Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS M
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow