Recommended Fisheye or wide angle lens for a D7100?

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
fredphotog
Regular MemberPosts: 123Gear list
Like?
Re: Recommended Fisheye or wide angle lens for a D7100?
In reply to Nexu1, 11 months ago

It still all comes back to what he is going to do with it.

If I am on assignment I can use a fisheye for ONE shot, after that they become more of a product of the lens as opposed to the product of the creativity of the photographer, ie anyone can shoot a 'neato' pic with a fisheye - show me what YOU can really do.

You can plug in a fisheye and go shoot for an entire day, but the novelty of it can wear off quickly, not unlike the fact that everyone can shoot a football game with a 400 and get the same stuff, show me some creativity, some stuff unlike other folks' stuff.

Mnay years ago I went to shoot college football with my best friend, he shot the usual stuff the publication was 'used to' seeing, wanting, I took a 500 mirror, a 600/4 and shot from angles far away from 'the heard' of photographers that simply followed the yardsticks, I got some great stuff, and two games later I had company, and another game later more company, and pretty soon I had about 8-10 photogs mimicking me.

Use your equipment to show that YOU can do, and not what the lens can do.

I hope I explained this right, I didn't mean to insult anyone.

fredphotog's gear list:fredphotog's gear list
Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX II Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-140mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow