Started 8 months ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Heyseuss Hoolio
Regular MemberPosts: 343
Like?
S110, Macro Eyeball
8 months ago

So I was bored and can't get out to take pictures so this is what I ended up with. Used similar techniques as the photographer Suren Manvelyan (look him up).  Of course not as close.

Full manual mode.  Used f5.6 at so I could maintain enough depth of field, plus made it easier to nail the focus since I was basically guessing on how close to put the lens to my eye.  Manual focus set to the minimum distance, then just moved the camera till my eye was in focus, while trying to look at the mirror to see the LCD.  Fired the flash on medium and held a blue LED light from the side.  You can see both lights in my eye.

Not sure where the sharpest aperture of the lens is but I think some of the other photos set with larger apertures might have been sharper before I switched to f5.6 because I kept missing the focus.  I like how this one turned out though with the way the lighting was anyways.

Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Canon PowerShot S110
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow