Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
agentlossing
Regular MemberPosts: 398Gear list
Like?
Talk to me about the K-01!
8 months ago

I've never used it, nor even used any Pentax camera. In fact I wasn't even sure what forum to stick this in. But I've heard such good things about the image quality from this chunky brick, plus embracing a lens mount that accepts older lenses without the hassle of adapting sounds mighty nice.

My history: I used a Nikon DSLR way back when, these days I'm using a Panasonic GX1, which is a really nice camera, but I'm never going to be totally on board with the ergonomics of this small of a camera. I like how many advanced features the GX1 has, and I'm really fond of it, but ready to try something different. I do rather like the idea of an EVF, but haven't ponied up the cash for one for my current camera, and I understand that I'll lose that option with the K-01, but this need not be a deal-breaker.

How is the lens-shopping and use experience? Are K-mount lenses decently priced and available? I'd be more attracted to legacy primes than modern primes or zooms. Anything else I should know about this camera?

agentlossing's gear list:agentlossing's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:2.8 Pancake Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN +3 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Pentax K-01 Pentax K-m (K2000)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow