Started 6 months ago | Polls thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
highwave
Senior MemberPosts: 1,041Gear list
Like?
Ergonomics: Fuji X-T1 Vs. Oly E-M1
6 months ago

OK guys, I hope to get an intelligible conversation going on here with minimum trolling and fanboy posts. This is a topic worth considering.

It seems there are two schools of ergonomics going on now and both have their appeal. Fuji tends to have a dial dedicated to every single main photography parameter along with scripts and everything. To the point that they do away with the main command dial. Olympus prefers to have spin dials that are not dedicated and have no scripts and generally fewer dials in comparison and combine that with the main command dial. I'm especially upset that my E-M5 cannot control ISO via dials (using a push button is flimsy)

I am myself a m43 user and don't plan to switch to the Fuji X system at any point but I personally do prefer the Fuji method of doing things and wish to see a similar product in the m43 ecosystem. However, I do acknowledge the negative aspect of having a dial that you rarely use. But I want to hear what others (especially ones more experienced than I) had to say about this.

highwave's gear list:highwave's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS +3 more
POLL
undedicated unscripted dials + main control mode dial
45.2% 14  votes
dedicated scripted mode dials for all major controls. The more the better.
54.8% 17  votes
  Show results
Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow