ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jtrory
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
Dual monitor calibration
10 months ago

Hi there,

I'm afraid there might be a simple answer to this which is that you can't calibrate two different monitors without two graphics cards. I know that was an issue in the past, I'm hoping it's not now. If it isn't, since I use one graphics card with two monitors (a Geforce 670), here's my problem...

Having an ongoing issue with calibrating my two monitors (a Sony and an ASUS) on Win7 using a Spyder 3 Elite. When only one is plugged in Win7 loads the profile for that monitor fine. I have gone through the advanced LUT setup which forces Windows to load my desired profile. When both monitors are plugged in Windows does seem to detect that there are two separate profiles for the two difference monitors but the problem is that on startup it defaults to the secondary monitor profile (ASUS) and so my primary (Sony) looks all funky, even if the secondary isn't being used as an active display (ie. disabled but still plugged in). The only way I can get the two profiles to load correctly is if I open and close the Spyder 3 software. This same problem will happen if I have both monitors on together (either mirrored or side-by-side) and then switch back to only my primary - it will unload the profile and I have to open Spyder 3 again to load it.

I've also noticed that the Spyder 3 software doesn't seem to be running in the background anymore, it never reminds me that I need to re-calibrate which it always used to do and I don't think it is automatically attempting to load profiles as it should. But the software is as up to date as it can be and I don't see any settings anywhere to force it to monitor my profiles for me. So there is that problem as well that could be contributing.

Sorry this is so long but I'm trying to give as much info as possible. Tearing my hair out over here, thanks for any help!

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow