What are the best lens for Macro Photography?

Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
StephenCA
New MemberPosts: 2Gear list
Like?
What are the best lens for Macro Photography?
6 months ago

I enjoy macro photography immensely and used a Sigma 105 macro (not the current version) with my Sony A500.  I traded the lens, camera and other items and made the investment in the a99 and Zeiss 24-70 and 135 lens. Both are spectacular lenses. While it's not a macro lens, the Zeiss 135 is incredible.  I've been getting extremely sharp photos with the 135 in macro situations. I just crop the photo as needed.  I mainly shoot flowers.  This isn't ideal but it's working for the time being.

For those using the a99 for macro photography, what lens do you use?  I don't see myself buying the new Sigma 105.  I didn't fully enjoy using older version.  I have been looking online at the Tamaron 90, Sony 100 and the Sigma 150.  I want a telephoto macro lens.

What is your experience with these lenses?  Or would you recommend I stick with the Zeiss 135?

StephenCA's gear list:StephenCA's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony SLT-A99 Sony 24-70mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony 135mm F1.8 ZA Carl Zeiss Sonnar T*
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow