GM1, 35-100 f2.8 stealth mode by iPhone.

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
berni29
Senior MemberPosts: 1,361Gear list
Like?
GM1, 35-100 f2.8 stealth mode by iPhone.
6 months ago

Hi

Since I got my GM1 I have found myself not limiting my photography to just family snaps. I have always liked the idea of snapping people who are out and about, and more street style, but never felt comfortable bringing the camera to my eye to do it. I did try a few times with my EM5 but always felt a bit conspicuous, even in HK where people take pictures of literally anything and everything.

I tried the GM1 with my 20mm f1.7 on the underground trains, with the camera around my neck and using an iPhone to release the shutter. That worked quite well, but outside I needed a much longer FL to get the intamacy I wanted.

So I bought the 35-100 f2.8 and here are the results of my first effort. The picture below shows how I carry it. I also carry it in one hand without the strap at just above waist height and use the other to release the shutter via the iPhone. I use the 23 pattern focus mode and tap the middle of the iPhone screen which sets it to use the middle ones (it seems). I did try face detect but got many mis-focussed shots for some reason.

These were all in the local park.

Berni29
EM-5, GM1 + Pana 12-32mm, 35-100mm f2.8, 20mm, 14-45mm Oly 45mm, 50mm F2 macro, (prev GH1, E30, E510, E1, E300, LX3)

berni29's gear list:berni29's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +3 more
Olympus E-3 Olympus E-5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow