I wish my A7R could sleep with an X-T1...

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
TThorne
Senior MemberPosts: 2,641Gear list
Like?
I wish my A7R could sleep with an X-T1...
11 months ago

... So I could adopt the offspring!

Seriously, I prefer the corner viewfinder (not going to use the term "rangefinder style" anymore for certain reasons) but this X-T1 looks fantastic, like the entire menu system could magically disappear and you could still go about shooting. Bravo Fuji. I know the DF came out first, but not being into DSLRs anymore and wanting better manual focus aids keeps me appreciating but not in the market for the Nikon.

Actually, the X-Transless offspring of the X-T1 and an original X100 would work for me as well. FF is great, but APSC is totally fine as a Leica backup. IQ, sensors, software, and all that other stuff aside, I think the X-T1 is a pretty good example of how Fuji designs cameras for serious photographers. The controls already being intuitive as they are on the XP/XE, the XT just takes the concept that much further.

And that viewfinder? Looks like it is going to be pretty substantial, and if rumored specs are accurate, it should be fast and clear. Kills me that I can't fit this thing into my workflow, but good for the rest of you captureninjas out there who can. I know this is not out yet, but so much of it can already be anticipated due to what we know about the existing lineup of bodies and lenses.

Honestly, the sensor in my A7R is just awesome, but by all other respects, the X-T1 is a FAR better and more intuitive photographer's camera.

I have envy...

-- hide signature --

A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on. - Sir Winston Churchill

TThorne's gear list:TThorne's gear list
Leica M-Monochrom Leica M Typ 240 Sony Alpha 7S Leica Summilux-M 21mm f/1.4 Asph Leica Summilux-M 35mm f/1.4 ASPH +5 more
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Nikon Df Sony Alpha 7R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow