Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
JoeNap2
Contributing MemberPosts: 866Gear list
Like?
Yo Doc... are you back from the future?
In reply to Doctor Lecter, 7 months ago

Doctor Lecter wrote:

"The m4/3rd solution killed off the functionality of great Oly 4/3rd lenses"

Really? From what I've been hearing, they work great on the EM-1. Look, I get the temptation to run when the sky is falling... but I'm gonna wait around and see if it actually falls. As of now, it's stationary and still generating those wonderful Oly Blues.

Any time you're attaching a bigger lens designed for a bigger body to smaller body with an adapter you are giving something up. Plus, how long have you waited???

I originally went with Oly in 2005 instead of Nikon based on the great Oly lens line up. That line has been left to die. Anybody need a 50mm f2? Mine's collecting dust.

It's true that Canikon have a huge lens catalog, but are they as good (pound for pound) as the Oly HG & SHG lenses?

Uh, yes... so many more choices in Nikon line up plus third party vendors. I've got three Nikon primes that are 20-30 years old and they are fabulous. Plus, new and used, the prices are better. You can spend a fortune, but you really don't have to. I use my camera for work almost every day but I'm not selling images so the mid-grade lenses are fine.

Plus, they're already engraving the headstone for aps-c... so those DX lenses have a short shelf-life. FF will likely stay around for a while, but in an SLR form??

Figured that out from the beginning and only bought FX lenses.

As my Dad used to say to me, "when you don't know what to do, it's best to do nothing at all."

-- hide signature --

Dr. Lecter

As dad used to say, I'm not sure if that's light at the end of the tunnel, or

Seriously... I still love my little Oly E-500. Oly had the right idea. I bought in. When it was time to move up in 2011 Oly left me no choice but to move on. Good luck with your choice and good shooting.

JoeNap2's gear list:JoeNap2's gear list
Samsung L74 Wide Olympus E-500 Nikon D7000
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
skeys MOD
skeys MOD
skeys MOD
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow