Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ormdig
Contributing MemberPosts: 639Gear list
Like?
Manually selecting a focus point on the 70D
8 months ago

Hi all, I have a friend who recently bought a 70D and we can't figure out how to permanently set the camera to be able to manually select the focal point. I use Nikon so am not familiar with Canon. We can select the focal point by pressing the button on top that lights up the focal points and then select the focal point but this has to be done with each shot. Is there a way (I have read the manual but can't find this info) to set the camera so that it always  allows one to select the focal point without having to press the top button on each shot. All I could find was that it stays selected for 6 seconds when the top button is pressed. We do have it set to single focus point.

Thank you,

-- hide signature --

Pete

ormdig's gear list:ormdig's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR +6 more
Canon EOS 70D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow