Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Bitingimpression
Regular MemberPosts: 187Gear list
Like?
PNY SDHX card for D7100 (very slow)
11 months ago

I want to buy a new memory card as a back up for my D7100. For any d7100 users, you would know that it is very slow, and the only way to make it faster is to use a fast memory card. I currently have a 16 gb Sandisk Extreme Pro. I could shoot at most 500 pictures in raw before the memory gets full. If i use a regular memory card, i could only take 5 photos before the buffer fills up, and viewing picture, it takes almost 10 second to load each one. Therefore, i need a fast memory card

Has anyone ever used the PNY Elite Performance 64GB?  It says that the read speed is 90mb/s compared to the sandisk's 95. If anyone has used both the PNY and the Sandisk on their d7100, i would appreciate if you could tell me if it is worth buying or not, and how the speed of the PNY compares to sandisk

Lastly, Is write speed or read speed better for the slow d7100? the PNY has a 10mbs read while the Sandisk has a 80mbs. Should i be focusing on write or read? Thank You.

Bitingimpression's gear list:Bitingimpression's gear list
Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G VR Tamron AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G +1 more
Nikon D7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow