A77 or NEX6? Anyone switch from SLT to NEX?

Started 8 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
BenjaminK
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
A77 or NEX6? Anyone switch from SLT to NEX?
8 months ago

Hi Everyone,

I currently have an A33, and am researching options for an upgrade.

Based on what I have seen/ read so far, the A77 or NEX6 seem like the options that suit me best.

I am definitely not a pro- an enthusiast that likes taking a range of photos- mostly when I travel. The small size of the NEX is what is so attractive- reducing bulk/ weight while traveling the world. Currently I mostly use a 18-200mm, 50mm, 35mm, and 8mm fisheye.

When I was comparing Alpha or NEX years ago (when I got the A33), I did not like the limited menu/ buttons, no flash, and no viewfinder on the NEX which made the decision easy to go with the Alpha. Now with the NEX6, Sony seems to have much improved all of the former- function dial, viewfinder, flash.

Has anyone gone from Alpha to NEX? What were your thoughts if you switched? I would not be traveling with multiple cameras, so this would be my full time and only camera.

A main hold up is having a bunch of Alpha lenses that I either need to sell or get an adapter for if I want to switch to the NEX.

If I got an adapter, the price seems to be close enough between the A77 and NEX6 right now ($700-800 for A77, $600 for NEX6 with 16-55 lens).

Any feedback would be really helpful between something like the A77 or NEX6.

Thanks in advance!

Ben

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony SLT-A33 Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow