To go with the Canon 70D or the Nikon D7100?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jaeger56
Junior MemberPosts: 30
Like?
To go with the Canon 70D or the Nikon D7100?
8 months ago

Hello all!,

First off I'd like to start by saying that as I'm sure this has been asked many times, I have specific needs that may differ from others so thats why I thought I'd post a new thread. Plus more opinions never hurt. I realize some bias may exist so I'll ask this in the Nikon Board too.

I'm getting back into photography after a small hiatus. I basically started/learned my photography on a Canon T3i that I had for awhile before needing to sell it to pay for some other things that had come up unfortunately. At the time, I had been looking into possibly upgrading my body for something with more features and now that I'm looking to get back into it, why not buy something more upgraded to start? I want to mention that I unfortunately don't know of anyone to borrow lenses from nor do I have any interest in shooting videos at all. My main interests in shooting are: Landscapes, Architecture, and Street Photography.

I choose the Canon 70D as a possibility because of the improved AF, wifi, handling, and rotating touchscreen. It looks to be an absolutely amazing camera, however I do have a couple of fears of buying one. I've heard many things about it under performing in low light and that it also has an issue with sharp focusing (I see a LOT of that being said about it) Does the 70D really have an issue with low-light and proper focusing though? or are people just blowing this out of proportion? Also, are Canon and Nikon lenses on par with one another in quality in cost? My other camera choice is a Nikon D7100 and I really like that one for its really sharp images, low light capabilities, and numerous controls. Each camera feels really good in my hands and although I'm familiar with the canon menus, I feel the Nikons wouldn't be hard to learn either.

Any helpful opinions would be greatly appreciated!

Canon EOS 600D (EOS Rebel T3i / EOS Kiss X5) Canon EOS 70D Nikon D7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow