Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jholt
Junior MemberPosts: 45
Like?
a7r shutter vibration discussion
7 months ago

not sure if there has already been one started on this but wanted to get thoughts on whether the battery grip will help in shutter vibration when using longer than 100mm lenses on a tripod with the a7r?

personally, ive read several LENGTHY discussions and threads on both sides about this apparent issue on the a7r... both sides have done insanely meticulous tests on this topic and some say its a nonissue while others say its a dealbreaker.

ive been shooting handheld with the FE 35mm 2.8 and the FE 55mm 1.8 and havent experienced anything close to "dealbreaking" IQ blur... in fact, the detail and sharpness i am getting is crazy amazing...

is this apparent issue focused more towards pro level photographers or super anal prosumers?

i understand the a7 doesnt suffer from this issue...

for all the a7r users out there... thoughts in the field?

has sony responded to this issue anywhere?

will a fireware update indeed alleviate some of the issue?

is it even an issue for most general photography enthusiasts?

like i said, i have yet to experience any issue with camera vibration in the IQ of my photos.

Sony Alpha 7 Sony Alpha 7R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow