Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
PSonoda
Forum MemberPosts: 62Gear list
Like?
Use the EOS M for Corporate Video!!!
3 months ago

The other day, my daughter asked me to help her and her friend make a kickstarter video. Actually the conversation started with ... Dad, does my T3i take video? You get the rest.

Anyway, I thought it would be interesting to try to use the EOS M as my main video source. I have to report that I am pleasantly impressed. I used a simple Audio-Technica ATR3350 lav mic plugged directly into the EOS M mic input.  I set the recording level manually and actually set the picture style to standard.  Minimal editing was the goal.  During the shoot, I decided to add a second camera (My 7d with the 85 1.8 lens)  The 7D was used with the closeups and, yes I know, the focus is a little soft on the 7D.  But the EOS M focus is sharp.  I even used the 18-55 kit lens.  I brought all the video into FCPX and it took me about 30 minutes to edit.  For lighting, I used a simple 3 point lighting setup with two soft boxes (seenLet me know what you think.  (Please be kind)

http://youtu.be/7dCauFuaAuY

PSonoda's gear list:PSonoda's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS M Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM +14 more
Canon EOS 600D (EOS Rebel T3i / EOS Kiss X5) Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow