Adding notes to collections of photos; app, LR?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
robgendreau
Regular MemberPosts: 240
Like?
Adding notes to collections of photos; app, LR?
6 months ago

I am looking for something, preferably that integrates with Lightroom, that would allow the connection or referencing of text notes with individual photos and/or collections and folders of photos.

Basically something like a journal so that text I produce during the time of shooting photos is easily available while I'm organizing the photos themselves after I come home.

I'm aware of the metadata I could add to the photos themselves, but that isn't sufficient. Think of instructions someone might give you about which views they like, who is in the photos, details about what their expectations are, what I promise them, etc etc. I often take photos with my iPhone because I can import and sort by creation time and have a GPS referenced photo, as well as something showing direction the photos were taken, a quick and dirty panorama, etc. All that's helpful.

But I thought I could find something like the photo journal my teacher had me keep when I used to shoot film. Not to mention I could write all over the backs of proofsheets, slide sleeves, etc. I miss that ability to annotate whole collections.

There's a plugin I found for LR, but you have to click on photos to use it. Didn't help much. And I can run other programs concurrently (DayOne being a good example), but it still involves a bit of back and forth and seems kludgy. Any ideas?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow