Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
NickDarius
New MemberPosts: 9Gear list
Like?
Replace A35 with A58?
11 months ago

OK, so the last few weeks at Costco (Canada) I have been seeing a Sony A58 kit for sale at a low price, but it was an open box, so I didn't bother with it.

Last weekend I was at another Costco location and saw the camera again, but this time not an open box, actually there was 3 left in stock, so I started to have closer look at it.

I decided to buy it, because I couldn't pass on the deal Costco has on it.

Here goes:

Sony SLTA58 + DT18-55 SAM II and a bonus carry bag = $405.00 (tax in)

I also have a Costco cash back check of $125 that I applied to this purchase so my out of pocket is $280.00!!!

When I looked up the pricing online I jumped on it. I figure I can sell my mint A35 kit (A35 + DT18-35) for what I paid.

If I don't sell my A35, is the upgrade worth it at $280? Or should I just stick with my A35 and return the A58?

I took a few pics with it on the weekend, but I haven't had a chance to look at them yet.

What's everyones impression of the A58 vs A35?

Thanks guys

NickDarius's gear list:NickDarius's gear list
Sony SLT-A35 Sony SLT-A58 Sony DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM Sony 75-300mm F4.5-5.6 Sony DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM II +3 more
Sony SLT-A35 Sony SLT-A58
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow