coronawithlime
Senior MemberPosts: 2,021Gear list
Like?
Re: @ Glenn....
In reply to JP Scherrer, 8 months ago

JP Scherrer wrote:

gnagel wrote:

Stomie wrote:

...& nicely captured. However, in the way that you have composed & captured the artwork, placing & claiming copyright in your photographs is likely to be inappropriate & legally incorrect (possibly making you liable). Despite the work being "Public Art", it was created by someone else. Some your pics actually show it to be signed. It may even have been paid commissioned work. It's wise to be careful photographing artwork & publishing it with your copyright on the photos. Just my couple of cents

-- hide signature --

Please note: Images displayed by me are All Rights Reserved Copyright ©

Thanks Stomie...I appreciate your comment. I am going to pull these photos down as I don't wish to create any copyright issues for me or the grafitti artists!

Glenn

Maybe a silly question but.....

Did the "artists" have an authorization to paint on these walls ? If not, their "work" is illegal IMHO ! ...hence they don't have any copyright !

.....and YOU have all freedom to take pictures and signing them !

Well, after all, this is a country where the criminals have the right to sue for better benefits 

www.nightstreets.com
-
One day long ago, a sorcerer and a warrior did battle, as such things were commonplace in that age. Sometimes the sorcerer won, and the sum value of human abilities was improved some trifling amount. Sometimes the warrior won, and again the human race improved by some insignificant amount, for a sorcerer who can't defeat one miserable warrior is a poor sorcerer indeed.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow