Poll re Nikon Df

Started 11 months ago | Polls thread
Joe Pa
Senior MemberPosts: 1,608Gear list
Like?
Re: Poll re Nikon Df
In reply to Rservello, 11 months ago

Rservello wrote:

A new Df is still less expensive than a used M9...but honestly, if I were going to put out that much cash for a camera...I would spend a little more and get the M9. The Df is for hipsters that want to play old school photo dress up. The Leica digital M-series is for people that want to actually shoot photos the way we used to.

I agree, admittedly I haven't used a Nikon since my days shooting film but I don't see the attraction of the Df in the current market.  $2500 seems like a lot of money for a camera that has had a lobotomy so to appeal to old school photographers.

I liked 1960's and 70's muscle cars but I don't want to give up my fuel injected engines, tuned suspension, manual lock / windows, GPS and Bluetooth in a new car so I can feel like I did when I was a kid.

I think Nikon is doing a lot of great things, some even better than Canon, but they kind of missed the mark with the Df in my opinion.

Joe Pa's gear list:Joe Pa's gear list
Canon PowerShot D30 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS M Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Canon EOS 6D +29 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow