1D II / 1D III paired with 10-50D re hi ISO?

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
fishywisht
Senior MemberPosts: 1,273
Like?
1D II / 1D III paired with 10-50D re hi ISO?
11 months ago

I'm one of the plebeians who's been shooting action with crop sensor things like the D300 and 10D-50D line. Been shooting with the 1.6x sensors for the reach. The 10D-50D noise performance is rather sad and outdated I admit. But now I have the opposite issue to reach and need something to go wider and the 1.3x sensors help use lenses more as originally intended in the awkward slightly wide to portrait telephoto zoom range where it's hard to find good fast performers (e.g. 35-135)

What I want to know is, can anyone compare ISO3200 on the 50D with the 1D III to let me know how shooting them more or less side by side would go, or maybe 3200 on the 20D with the 1D II, anything of that era, really. I probably don't need to tell you that the 1DIII is similar to the 7D in price and the 1D II similar to the 50D in price now.

All I know already from the few samples I could find was that the 1DIII files were a little cleaner but lower resolution than the 7D, and that the 1DII at 3200 looked really noisy for nowadays and maybe on a par with a 30D. Is it no better than that? A 5D II is out of the question because the AF&fps are quite basic. So also are the 1DS line- bit too slow.

Canon EOS 20D Canon EOS 30D Canon EOS 50D Canon EOS-1D Mark II Canon EOS-1Ds
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow