photo editing GPU acceleration performance benchmarks?

Started 9 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
fishywisht
Senior MemberPosts: 1,073
Like?
photo editing GPU acceleration performance benchmarks?
9 months ago

I would like to cast around for anyone that has seen an improvement for photo editing with any photo program or plugin.

I read that some Photoshop filters have some OpenCL instruction enhancements compatible with some graphics cards. I also read that some third party pluging like dxo and neatimage do also. I have read reports of 100% speed increases for batching photos with these plugins.

Noise processing and sharpening are the main filter tasks I'm interested in, to batch. With a quad core processor already I think an economical next step would be a modern GPU accelerator. I take enough photos that 10-20 photos per minute or whatever it was could usefully be improved upon. If I didn't, wouldn't be asking. If I wanted to spend $1000 dollars on ripping out the mainboard and putting in a new one and processor I'd still be asking anyway. (So there. Still, it's odds-on if a thread goes on long enough that some old crusty will come along and say with proper technique you shouldn't need noise reduction on any sensor bigger than your fingernail, or that the time you spend measuring anything could be better spent waiting out in the rain to catch a lesser Warbler etc ;-). Oh, and for god's sake don't try to remind me what an SSD is or does. Thanks )

Speedups like the following are possible on narrow benchmarks:

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-650-ti-benchmark-gk106,3318-16.html

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow