ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
brandrx
Forum ProPosts: 25,905
Like?
A useless K-3 setting IMO.
9 months ago

Hi folks,

It appears to me that in the K-3 Custom Menu, Tab 3, Item 16 (1st Frame Action in AF.C) is a useless setting. It seems to matter not what the setting is, the camera will take an image even if the subject is out of focus. Just like it always has on all previous Pentax cameras when shooting in AF-C. I would prefer that #3 of that 1st Frame Action in AF.C setting work like "Shutter can not be released until subject is in focus". Then after that first image has been taken revert to whatever action you have chosen in Custom Menu, Tab 3, Item 17.

This has long been a complaint of mine when shooting in AF-C and I even wrote a long post about it concerning the K-5 II / K-5 IIs.

Does anyone agree with me on this?

Ron

-- hide signature --

Ron - 'We don't have time to go take pics this afternoon Carl.'
Carl - 'What do you mean? It will only take 1/1000s.'
'Keep your eyes looking forward. However, glance back now and then to see where you've come from. It will put a smile on your face.' ~ brandrx

Pentax K-3 Pentax K-5 II Pentax K-5 IIs
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
+1New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow