Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
tahoe22
Regular MemberPosts: 125
Like?
Working on my focus technique
11 months ago

Recently I have been fighting with focus in my images. So I thought I would try something and ask you guys/gals your opinion. I used my d7000 on a cheap tripod vs. hand held. I am only looking at focus and sharpness. The first 4 were taken at two focal lengths using two different f stops. The last 2 were taken at 200mm using two different f stops. All the photos are how they came out of camera with no post processing other then changing them to jpeg’s. The lens was an older (5yrs) kit lens 55-200…F4 – 5.6 and sun at my back. The white siding doesn’t help much but I wanted to use this bird house as the subject. I measured and they were taken just about at 20ft. The focus point was between top of door and the hole. The final 2 photos were hand held within a few minutes of the first 4. First of all….I am a little stumped why the came out darker when I used the same settings. Second is…..can you see any difference in focus vs. the first 4?

Sorry if this so long

Thanks...

Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow