Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
snaildrake
New MemberPosts: 12Gear list
Like?
Help -- My K-30 has worms!
8 months ago

Seriously folks, I can't ignore this problem any longer. The attached image shows the typical "worm" defect that appear in the upper right quadrant of most of my photos with sky -- though curiously not every one. It does occur with all three lenses, most pronounced with telephotos. I can't see an obvious blotch on the mirror or focusing screen. This makes me wonder if the problem could be in the sensor, though the shape is oddly organic for that.

Has this problem appeared with other Pentax bodies? Any idea whether it would be warranteed by Pentax? The camera is just over a year old. I noticed the problem several months ago, though initially I thought it might be a lens issue. Thanks!

Defect on right edge of sky portion of image

snaildrake's gear list:snaildrake's gear list
Canon Elph 115 IS Pentax K-30 Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED Pentax smc DA 18-135mm F3.5-5.6ED AL [IF] DC WR +2 more
Pentax K-30
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow