a57 - SD Card Speed?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
sybersitizen
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,334
Like?
Re: a57 - SD Card Speed?
In reply to 123Mike, 7 months ago

123Mike wrote:

OP: if you have use case for wifi, look at the Eye-fi card. I think they are silly expensive hence been planning on buying them for many many months lol. I have a ftp server that I could upload my pictures to as back up. Eye-fi would help with this.

I've read they're flaky and slow.... I decided to look for other brands. Transcend for instance has something.

The DPReview comparison disagrees:

'Upload time for a 6MP JPEG with the Eye-Fi card was approximately 6 seconds. This test was carried out on my iPhone 5 and MacBook Pro with both yielding the same result. Meanwhile, upload time for a 6MP JPEG with the Transcend card was approximately 11 seconds. Yikes.'

I recently bought a new old stock 8GB Pro X2 (the Connect X2 will also work with recent Alphas, but it only comes in 4GB and has fewer capabilities) from eBay at about half retail price. Installation of the software and configuration of the card were fiddly, but once I got everything set up the card has been working very well.

The X2 Pro 8GB is Class 6; the 16GB version is Class 10. As I said above, you only need Class 4 for video (the original topic of the thread).

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow