The K-3 keeps dropping at Amazon.com

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Jim in Hudson
Senior MemberPosts: 1,139Gear list
Like?
Re: The K-3 keeps dropping at Amazon.com
In reply to jml2061, 7 months ago

jml2061 wrote:

It seems they're dropping the price because of low sales numbers, not a new model. When Amazon does model drops they're generally in the $20 range/day and cap out quickly over a weekend or less. When the algorithm tries to move inventory there's a much jerkier and less predictable decline.

I actually know a few people who try to "game" Amazon that way, adding things into their shopping cart and removing them, putting a competitor in, until the price drops a little. This is all rumor and speculation but I wouldn't put it past Amazon to have a "haggling" setup for those things.

We'll see in a month if the price has dropped and remained under $1k.

This says nothing about Amazon's inventory levels but wasn't there an implication somewhere (by Ricoh themselves?) that Ricoh are making all the K-3 units they can? I presume they would only do that if they have or expect a matching order level.

Jim in Hudson's gear list:Jim in Hudson's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Pentax K-3 Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Pentax smc DA 18-135mm F3.5-5.6ED AL [IF] DC WR Pentax smc DA 35mm F2.4 AL +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow