cheddargav
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,492Gear list
Like?
Re: XT1. Here is the first leaked pic.
In reply to afragisk, 11 months ago

afragisk wrote:

ryan2007 wrote:

afragisk wrote:

It doesn't look like it will have an on board flash and the hump looks as big as sony A7's to me. No thanks.

-- hide signature --

http://www.flickr.com/photos/apollonas/
Fuji XE-2, Canon FD 50 1.2L + SB, Fuji 27mm 2.8, Fuji 23mm 1.4, Bower 8mm 2.8

Keep in mind if this image is correct and will have a large viewfinder their is no place for a flash. Also, understand to have a flash on a camera body is not what a true professional camera body is. If a Pro is going to use flash they will not use a built in flash, too limiting for what it does under the circumstance where you need flash.

Fuji may start to separate the Xpro, XE, XA, XM and XT class of camera body same as Nikon and Canon sort of do and like DSLR's.

If a camera not having a built in flash is a 100% deal breaker it is obvious this camera is not for the beginner or even an advanced user, it potentially again if this is correct information, potentially a professional level camera.

Agreed, a pro would probably not care about built-in flash unless they would like to use that camera for hobby too instead of buying another one. Also, a pro would not care about the hump either - if they carry the big and heavy flash, who cares about the hump or the small mirrorless size right ? Though I could be wrong. But I think it should be possible to have a flash - this camera looks same size like the Canon SL1 to me, which does have a built in flash. Maybe an EVF requires more space than an OVF ? Or maybe they were in a hurry to produce this now, possible that the next iteration will have one. At the moment, even with the small EF-X20 attached, the XT-1 would look same or bigger than a small/mid size DSLR so definitely not for me.

-- hide signature --

http://www.flickr.com/photos/apollonas/
Fuji XE-2, Canon FD 50 1.2L + SB, Fuji 27mm 2.8, Fuji 23mm 1.4, Bower 8mm 2.8

Free yourself from the shackles of the onboard flash, you really don't need it to have a good time

-- hide signature --

www.twitter.com/gavphotography

cheddargav's gear list:cheddargav's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 6D Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow