Sigma 24-105mm F/4 Art or Nikon 24-70mm F/2.8 for image quality?

Started 7 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
davidevans1
Senior MemberPosts: 1,064
Like?
Sigma 24-105mm F/4 Art or Nikon 24-70mm F/2.8 for image quality?
7 months ago

I can't tell whether the Nikon version of the Sigma 24-105 is actually out yet. In the UK it's showing as out of stock everywhere - does that mean it has never been in stock, or that retailers have run out of stock? The Canon version is in stock.

To the main question, if you don't need F/2.8 and am not to fussed about vibration reduction either, which is going to produce the best image quality across the zoom range and across the FX sensor (on a D800)?

I am almost certainly going to get one or the other.

It's not an issue that the Nikon stops at 70mm whereas the Sigma goes to 105mm.

The Sigma is cheaper, but though the money would be very nice, it's not the deciding factor either.

The Nikon has a cashback offer that expires on 26th January, so if that's the one, I need to decide and act quickly.

I know the Nikon tends to be slightly soft in the corners at 24mm, but that hasn't stopped tens (hundreds?) of thousands of better photographers than me happily producing great shots with the Nikon 24-70.

So any indication which has the overall better image quality?

Thanks

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow