Help, did I screw up my sensor?

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Rservello
Senior MemberPosts: 1,153Gear list
Like?
Re: Help, did I screw up my sensor?
In reply to mactac, 11 months ago

mactac wrote:

So I had a bunch of dust on my sensor of my d800, and decided to use the visibledust vswabs.

I used one, and it left streaks & marks all over my sensor, and almost a 'film' all over it, like i had breathed on it.

I tried again (finally using all 4 that came in the pack), and still have the same problem. I now have most dust specks, and streaks on my sensor.

Have I screwed this up? the guy at the store gave me these swabs after asking what type of camera I had.

I feel like I just need to get in there with a microfiber cloth or something & clean it up, but I'm obviously reluctant to do that.

How delicate is the sensor in a d800 really? How can I get this thing clean? I don't live anywhere near a place that could clean it for me.

The sensor is covered in a string later of glass. Unless you scratched it, it's fine. Get a sensor pen. I recently cleaned a couple smudges right off with mine.

Rservello's gear list:Rservello's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX100 Nikon D600 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Voigtlander 58mm F1.4 Nokton SL II Rokinon 85mm F1.4 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow