"Patience is Bitter...

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
TheManWhoWas
Regular MemberPosts: 103Gear list
Like?
Re: Anyone care to guess when… ?
In reply to skeys, 8 months ago

skeys wrote:

For those whom believe the mirror is soon to become a relic, just how soon do you guess high-end EVF's in, or on top of, cameras will become relics, as well as screens on the back of cameras?

Consider the alternative: tethered shooting without the tether. Although wi-fi capable cameras have already started this technological trend, I am waiting for the camera's EVF to be placed in some kind of wearable apparatus, either glasses like Google Glass or a headband thingy.

I can see this being a possibility, but not an exclusive option. Lots of people don't like wearing glasses even when they need them, so I can't see everyone choosing to wear glasses just so they can take photos.

Also, having played with the wifi on my EM1, I've got to say there is something strangely disorientating about trying to position the camera whilst looking at the live view on the phone. Sort of like one of those puzzles where you have to draw round a shape whilst looking in a mirror, I find myself struggling to move the camera in the right direction.

So I can see wearable glasses with cameras built in (like Google are doing) but not so sure having the camera in my hands and the view in my eyes separated would work...

TheManWhoWas's gear list:TheManWhoWas's gear list
Olympus E-510 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital 25mm 1:2.8 Pancake Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 70-300mm 1:4.0-5.6 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
skeys MOD
skeys MOD
skeys MOD
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow