Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
topstuff
Senior MemberPosts: 1,049Gear list
Like?
Irrational views about SLT
6 months ago

For the life of me, I simply do not understand why some people seem to have a problem with the SLT system.

The objective is to have AF as good as a DSLR, but with the advantages of seamless live view and an EVF.

SLT achieves this.

As a result, the SLT cameras are the ONLY cameras that offer the combination of DSLR speed and AF performance, with the EVF and live view performance of mirrorless.

People go on about the "light loss" issue, but this is irrelevant for 90% of people.

I challenge those people who complain most about the "light loss" to prove to me that they have a photographic need for the light they feel they are "losing".

Show me work they do which would suffer because of this issue. I bet they cannot.

In time, no doubt Sony will find a way to make AF work well enough without the SLT.

In the meantime, we should enjoy the fact that SLT cameras offer by far the best live view experience of ANY DSLR type camera ( by a HUGE margin ). And with the added bonus of an excellent EVF.

If the next A mount cameras still have an SLT (as rumoured) with perhaps more efficiency, I really don't have a problem with it because chances are they will have better AF than full mirrorless.

Given the choice between a conventional DSLR and an SLT with an EVF, the EVF takes precedence as far as I am concerned. I don't want to go back to an OVF. So if it must be SLT, so be it. I don't have a problem with that. It is a worthwhile compromise.

Rant over.

I thank you.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow