Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
K1W1 55
Regular MemberPosts: 451Gear list
Like?
There is always something you learn, rediscover or remember
3 months ago

I have had an E5 for a couple of years now and am often surprised and disappointed with the shutter speed it selects with TTL flash, drops to 1/60th or 1/100th when I wanted the max 1/250th so as to get the dark background when working in close on Aperture Priority, works sometimes but not always, sometimes would have wanted a faster shutter speed to assist with movement/sharpness in close too particularly when holding heavy awkward rigs.  

Now yes I do drop to Manual sometimes to get it right but I really prefer the simplicity of TTL after all my FL50R and TF-22 cost a heck of a lot of scarce cash so to use their TTL I want.

When working on & testing my new DIY Twin Flash rig described in a thread a day or so ago, I finally bothered to delve into the menus and check what I had set ages ago and not looked at since and also had a bit of a look at the manual at the same time.

Ooh I had set a low minimum shutter speed as well as the maximum of 1/250th. I thought that affected daylight sync or 2nd shutter at the time I think but I don't think it actually does so made min and max the same 1/250th and problem solved.

Never hurts to have a re-read of manuals and a re-scan of what you have set in the nested menus every now and again does it?

-- hide signature --

Some Slideshows of a wee bit of my work, more to be added if I ever sort out my music rights issues.
http://www.youtube.com/user/truder55/videos

K1W1 55's gear list:K1W1 55's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-3 Olympus E-510 Olympus E-5 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD +16 more
Olympus E-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow