Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Chris DA
New MemberPosts: 12Gear list
Like?
Just about to pull the trigger - GX7, 20mm, 45mm
6 months ago

I've been a long-standing and very happy LX3 user.  The ability to carry such a good camera in my pocket is just great, but always been slightly constrained by DOF, focal length and no viewfinder for the wife.

So after whittling away at the list of other things to spend my money on, have reached the camera replacement.

Generaly we photograph people, street and landscape, generaly when travelling, hiking, sailing and skiing.  I really value small size, my wife wants to get back to a viewfinder

So the plan is to get a GX7 plus 20mm and Oly 45mm f/1.8

Follow that up with the Gm1 plus 12-32 when the bank balance has recovered, use the Lx3 as the small one until this time.

The GM1 will really be attractive when/if they do a kit of 12-32 + 35-100.  Anyone know any dates for the 35-100?

Any way, that's the plan.  Anyone with this setup with anything useful to add?  Amy I going to cover my needs?  I think so!

Chris DA's gear list:Chris DA's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Panasonic 20mm F1.7 II
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow