G6 Cursor control and menu setting buttons are driving me nuts.

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Richard Weisgrau
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,133
Like?
G6 Cursor control and menu setting buttons are driving me nuts.
9 months ago

I have a G6 that I like very much in every way except for one thing. I know others have the same complaint, and I am hoping that someone has come up with a solution.

I hold a camera with a full grip because that is what I had to do with my SLR and DSLR cameras over the tears to assure steadiness. Unfortunately due to the small size of the G6 when i grip it I often end up putting pressure on the ISO or WB cursors and the menu set button, and that sometimes resets those settings without my realizing it until after the shot has been taken. I know that those controls cannot be locked so I am looking for a work around. I have some ideas on how to eliminate accidental pressure on the controls, but before I start experimenting I thought I would in this forum to see if anyone having the same problem has a fix.  Thanks.

-- hide signature --

Richard Weisgrau
www.drawnwithlight.com
www.show-my-house.com

Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow